You are here

Residency and Children with Disabilities

The department has clarified its guidance on student residency for the purpose of compulsory school attendance and fiscal responsibility, and has developed procedures for LEAs to use with respect to providing FAPE to students with disabilities in county jails, detention centers, hospitals, or residing in other settings considered a “children's home” under Wis. Stat. §121.79(1)(a). There is separate and specific guidance for students residing in Residential Care Centers (RCCs).

For questions about this information, contact the Special Education Team 608-266-1781.