Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) Education prepares students for family work, work life, and careers in Family and Consumer Sciences by empowering individuals and families across the life span to manage the challenge of living and working in a diverse global society.
What is Family and Consumer Sciences?
Through research, experiential education, and technology, FCS helps people develop the essential knowledge and skills to:
- Lead better lives
- Be work- and career-ready
- Build strong families
- Make meaningful contributions to our communities
FCS primary areas of focus include
- Culinary arts, hospitality, and tourism
- Education and training
- Food science and nutrition
- Health management and wellness
- Housing and interior design
- Human/child development and family relations
- Personal and family finance
- Textiles, apparel, and retailing
Sustainable practices, consumerism, and leadership principles are woven throughout the content areas.
Interim contact: Sara Baird
CTE Assistant Director
Phone: (608) 266-9609