Promoting Career and Technical Education
There is no better time to promote Career and Technical Education (CTE) than today! In fact, the best way to get support from parents, employers, and the community is to promote CTE year-round!
This website offers resources to promote the value of CTE and its impact on college- and career-readiness.
Share Your Story
What makes a good CTE story? Do you have one you'd like to share? Your stories are an ideal way to promote your CTE program. Here a few ideas to get you started:
- A remarkable student, teacher, or alumnus
- A program improvement
- A challenge that you overcame
- A testimonial from a local business or organization
If you have a CTE story, consider submitting your idea to the CTE Team at DPI. We can help you get the word out through the CTE Newsroom, the Wisconsin DPI Facebook and Twitter accounts, or your local newspaper! Tell us your idea today!
- CTE videos
Learn how CTE is making a difference for students, teachers, and employers
- "I'm ready" Student Profiles
These videos show how CTE has helped students become college- and career-ready
- Do's and Dont's for Engaging Learners and Families Around CTE
A simple, easy-to-use resource from Advance CTE that guides you on the top CTE messages and how to employ them
- CTE Conversation Starters
Tips on how to approach conversation with various audiences.
- Explore Careers at Wisconsin Technical Colleges
Student success stories, jobs data, and more!
- "Explore Your Options" video
Learn about students in our Wisconsin high schools and technical colleges and hear their CTE success stories.
- Learn About the Youth Apprenticeship Program Through the Department of Workforce Development
Find out how students can get hands-on learning in an occupational area!