Health Education Overview
School health curriculum, instruction, and assessment involve planning, implementing, and evaluating a sequential and developmentally appropriate PreK-12 curriculum that deals with important health and safety issues. Although primarily included in the subject areas of health, physical education, science, family and consumer education, social studies, and driver education and traffic safety, the curriculum transcends all disciplines to be delivered in an integrated, multidisciplinary approach.
Stay Up To Date!
Subscribe to the Health Education Email List below for important information and state updates.
- WI Tobacco and Vaping Prevention Lessons
- Advocating for Brain Health Skills Based Unit
- Wisconsin School Health Awards
- Disciplinary Literacy in Health Education
- Building Skills for Health Literacy – Nutrition
- Building Skills for Health Literacy – Tobacco
- Issues in Mental Health: Suicide Prevention Grades 7-12
- Bullying Prevention Program Grades 3-8
- RETHINK High School Bullying Prevention Curriculum
- Using Student Survey Data to Engage Student Learners
- Communicable Disease Prevention
- Dating Violence Prevention Unit
- Shaken Baby Curriculum for Middle and High Schools
- Mental Health Literacy Curriculum Units and Caregiver Engagement Materials - Grades 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12
- Mental Health Resources - For Elementary, Middle, and High School Students