- Bachelor's degree
- Interested in completing a teacher preparation program accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council of Teacher Education (MACTE) or Association Montessori International (AMI)
- Seeking to teach in a Wisconsin Montessori school
Educators who fit this pathway profile are interested in completing a teacher preparation program that is accredited by the MACTE or AMI and would like to obtain a DPI Montessori license.
Montessori grade levels are as follows:
|Code||Description||Low Grade||High Grade|
If you fit this pathway profile:
- POSSESS a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- COMPLETED all the requirements of the approved Montessori teacher licensure program accredited by MACTE or AMI.
- PREPARE electronic copies of required documents:
- Institutional Endorsement form (PI-1612-T) from the Montessori teacher preparation program
- Transcripts that document bachelor's degree.
- Transcript documenting completion of a course in special education for which at least 3 postsecondary credits were earned.
- Content area test:
- For Early Childhood, and Elementary I levels: Praxis II Elementary Education Content Knowledge Test (5018)
- For Elementary II and Secondary levels: Praxis II Middle School Content Knowledge Test (5146)
- Score report for the Wisconsin Foundations of Reading Test. NOTE - educators that hold or have held a Lifetime or Professional Educator teaching license(s) may not be required to pass this test for this license.
- APPLY for a license using the application directions for a Montessori teacher license.